I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

Thursday, April 16, 2020

His Runaway Lady (Harlequin Historical) by Joanna Johnson


His Runaway Lady
(Harlequin Historical)

Kindle Edition, 288 pages
Expected publication: May 1st 2020 by Harlequin Historical





Goodreads synopsis: 
From one convenient marriage…

To another?

Shunned by society because of his parentage, half-Roma blacksmith Fell Barden lives a simple life alone in the forest until his peace is disturbed by an injured runaway lady. Fleeing a forced marriage, Sophia Somerlock needs his help. Caring for the intriguing miss, Fell feels an intense connection to her. The obvious solution is to save her by marrying her himself…but that would mean returning to the ton that rejected him…

***

5 Stars 

I am not sure if this is a new imprint by Harlequin or I somehow missed these wonderful historical titles for goodness knows how long. This was just a great representation of what a historical romance should be. Both Fell and Sophia had their faults and insecurities. To me, I could see this as a new type of fairy tale, one that shows how when you believe in yourself and trust others to have your back, you can have the world!

You could almost tell from the beginning that Fell’s true lineage would come to light at some point since it was mentioned so many times and was a great burden to him over the years. 

I do wish there was, as Paul Harvey used to say… “more to the story.” It did end in the perfect place but I wanted to know what happened next. How was their life after that? What struggles and successes did they face? I mean, curious minds want to know, ya know?

I couldn’t get enough of this. I will definitely try and pick up more Historical Romances if I find them at my local shop.

If you love a good historical cozy romance, definitely check this one out. You won’t be disappointed.

I received this as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) in return for an honest review. I thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment