I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

Friday, April 24, 2020

Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye (Psychic Eye Mystery #1) by Victoria Laurie


Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye

Mass Market Paperback, 295 pages
Published December 7th 2004 by Signet






Goodreads synopsis: 
Abby Cooper is a P.I., psychic intuitive. But her insight failed her when she didn't foresee the death of one of her clients-or that the lead investigator for the case is the gorgeous blind date she just met. Now, with the police suspicious of her abilities and a killer on the loose, Abby's future looks more uncertain than ever.

***

4.75 Stars 

This is the first book in the Psychic Eye mystery series by Victoria Laurie.

I am really loving this series! I definitely have a new cozy mystery series to marathon in my future!

Abby Cooper is a really likable gal. I enjoy how Laurie builds her character and shows us how she connections with her “spiritual team” and how they leave messages for her via signs, music, symbols and numbers. This series just ticks all the boxes for me.

I loved how Dutch was introduced into the series. Abby’s “team” really digs him and gives her their sign that they approve. But she isn’t on board the entire time. During a blind date with Dutch, she tells him about her insight about the missing young boy she had seen on tv and why she wasn’t going to tell the police lest they call her a crazy loon. Of course, she doesn’t realize he is on the police force even though her team gave her the symbol of a badge when she was speaking to him.

I love how it all built up one clue at a time. And getting to know everyone was a piece of cake too. I wasn’t too overwhelmed as I was introduced to all the cast and that is a big plus for me. I just read a book that had such a big cast that I needed a score card to keep track of everyone. This book just lays it all out in simple terms.

Not to mention, the mystery was easy to follow. A lot of the newer authors like to leave a lot of the whodunit stuff to our imagination and I am not usually following the clues very well… if they leave me clues at all. Here you see the clues. Abby goes and ferrets them out and you see the results of every step. Love that so much!

Like I said above, I am jazzed to read every book in this series! I have four other books in my personal library so I will read them first. Can’t wait to begin!


If you are looking for a good cozy mystery, definitely check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment