I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

Friday, September 25, 2020

Death By Sunken Treasure (A Hayden Kent Mystery #2) by Kait Carson



Death By Sunken Treasure

(A Hayden Kent Mystery #2)

by Kait Carson


Paperback, First, 260 pages

Published March 22nd 2016 by Henery Press




Goodreads synopsis: 

When Hayden Kent’s mentor and friend discovers her son Mike’s dead body, dressed in full scuba attire, washed up on Pigeon Key, she needs Hayden. Her paralegal and dive skills may help unravel the tragedy of Mike’s last days. He’d recently discovered a sunken Spanish galleon and rumors that he hit the mother lode ran through the Keys like wildfire.


Hayden’s dive on the treasure site uncovers gold, and clues that Mike’s death was something far more sinister than an accident. When two different wills, both signed the day Mike died, are delivered to the courthouse, the suspect list grows, as do the threats against her. The danger escalates as she tries to save herself, discover the motive, and find the killer. 



***


4.5 stars


This is the second book in the Hayden Kent mysteries by Kait Carson.


Wow, how did it take me so long to read book two in this series? This was a fun and totally surprising ride. I am loving the whole para legal who teaches diving aspect of the story. The series is just filling a void in my life. I just sucked this story up like a well-loved slurpee flavor. I couldn’t read it fast enough. 


There is a huge twist at the end of this that is so surprising you will have to pick your jaw off the floor when it happens. I was like… wait, what are you doing? No, no, it can’t be you! 


This book is so readable and easy to connect with. I just loved it so much. When I realized I still had this in my kindle collection, I had to Gibbs-slap myself. Why hadn’t I picked this one up sooner? I was so enthralled that I wanted… no, I needed a book three only to discover this series stopped after two books back in 2014! Yikes and what? This series can be blockbuster if properly marketed. I posted on Facebook that I was reading this and Kait herself posted to my thread saying that YES, there would be a new book out in 2021! Yay! It will be titled Death Dive! And I cannot wait!


If you like cozy mysteries, definitely check this one out. You won’t be disappointed.


I received this as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) in return for an honest review. I thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment