I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

To Coach a Killer (The Life Coach Mysteries #2) by Victoria Laurie


To Coach a Killer

Hardcover, 304 pages
Expected publication: August 25th 2020 by Kensington Publishing Corporation




Goodreads synopsis: 
Soaking up a luxurious new chapter alongside her saucy bestie, Cat Cooper plans on emerging as the premier life coach in East Hampton by summertime. All she has to do is survive an offseason replete with desolate beaches, slow business, and murder . . .

As the Hamptons drags through early spring, Cat's shot at becoming the toast of the town in time for Memorial Day is dwindling--and fast. The only client she can find has been housebound for decades and claims to be the victim of a devasting curse. Then there's the matter of Detective Shepherd's intense jealousy over Maks Grinkov, the handsome bad boy who approaches Cat with an unusual offer she can't stop thinking about. Havoc finally breaks loose when a string of murders rocks the coastal community, landing Maks on the hook as the culprit . . .

While the body count rises, Cat goes from life coaching to sleuthing for the truth about Maks's less-than-wholesome background. But after digging deeper, she questions if Detective Shepherd had an unwitting hand in a related homicide case after tangling with the wrong people. With a storm approaching shore and no one to trust, Cat and her sharp-tongued best friend, Gilley, must solve a client's curse and a series of violent deaths before a killer sends them all sailing to their doom . . .

***

5 stars

This is the second book int he Life Coach mystery series by Victoria Laurie.

Wow, this series is just my jam, my cup of tea, my cozy place to fall. I am still trying to get my hands on all the Psychic Eye series so I can devour those and then this little baby falls into my lap and I am in love. Cat and Gilly, Maks and Shepherd, just can’t get enough of them.

This mystery is compelling, sure. But it is the background, the community and the people that just keep me coming back for more. I like how the relationship between Cat and Maks and Cat and Shepherd have expanded in this book and how undecided she still is about which of them is for her.

Don’t skim over the ending. The author really scared the pants off of me in the finale of the story. Sheesh, don’t give a girl a heart attack. But I still loved it all.

Highly recommended. Love both of her series and suggest them to everyone.

If you like cozy mysteries, you won’t be disappointed in this series. Take a deep dive into this fantastic series!


I received this as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) in return for an honest review. I thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment