I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

I'm Your Reading Sleuth Header

Thursday, May 21, 2020

A Fatal Fiction (Deadly Edits #3) by Kaitlyn Dunnett


A Fatal Fiction

Kindle Edition
Expected publication: June 30th 2020 by Kensington




Goodreads synopsis: 
Freelance book editor Mikki Lincoln knows the makings of a well-written story. But she’ll need to choose her words wisely when a new assignment introduces a deadly plot twist . . .  

Forgotten on the outskirts of quaint Lenape Hollow, Feldman’s Catskill Resort Hotel has outlasted its heyday as a popular tourist destination and now awaits demolition. But once Mikki is hired to edit a revealing memoir by Sunny Feldman, the last living relative of its original owners, the doomed resort quickly ends up back in the spotlight . . .

Unfortunately, everyone’s attention shifts to Mikki when a body is discovered at the demolition site. Seen arguing with deceptive entrepreneur Greg Onslow right before his shocking death, the editor has no choice but to spell out exactly why she isn’t guilty of murdering him . . .

Mikki’s dash for answers brings Greg’s shady dealings into focus, along with an unsettling list of potential culprits. As false leads and dead ends force her to revise theories on who really did it, can Mikki judge fact from fiction before the investigation reaches a terrifying conclusion?


***

4.5 Stars 

This is the third book in the Deadly Edits series by Kaitlyn Dunnett.

The heroine of this series is in her early 70’s which is an unusual age for a cozy mystery headliner. I was reminded so much of my mother as I read this. I just lost her at the beginning of the month and seeing mom through the eyes of Mikki really helped me a lot. I wish a lot of older seniors were as spry and independent as she is in this book.

This is a real at home mystery. Mikki has come back to her hometown and a man is killed whom she had recently had a public verbal sparring with. There are a lot of people in her life who don’t think she can take care of herself.

The mystery was interesting and I liked following her character around. She ditches her nephew at church while she goes and questions suspects. Pretty funny.

Overall one great read. I will have to check out the other two books in this series to get a better idea of the entire backstory. Just loved it!

If you love a good cozy mystery, definitely check this one out.


I received this as an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy) in return for an honest review. I thank NetGalley, the publisher and the author for allowing me to read this title.

No comments:

Post a Comment